To provide an opportunity to all those students who possess a dominant, innate kinaesthetic ability, a team of teachers at AVM planned for an Interhouse Kinaesthetic Intelligence Competition to be conducted in October ’13. Different activities were designed for different age groups of students.
Group A: Std 1, 2, 3
- Activity: Dance Competition (planned and executed by Suhradam Sir)
- Number of students per House:- 09
- Significance:- A kinaesthetically intelligent child would thrive in an opportunity to learn by acting things out and through movements (using their motor skills). A dance competition turns out to be one such opportunity for the little kids. Dancers exhibit highly developed bodily/kinaesthetic intelligence. So a dance competition gives the students an opportunity to use their body in a variety of skilled ways for expressive purposes.
- Skills tested: - Motor movement of hands, fingers and legs; Sense of rhythm, Facial expression, Team work.
- Result:- 1st Satyam & Suhradam (78 Points); 2nd Shivam (74 Points); 3rd Sundaram (73 Points)
Group B: Std 4, 5, 6
- Activities: (planned and executed by Sarvajit Sir, Mrugesh Sir and Pujeetbhai)
- “Hula hoops” for Std 4
- 2 students per house
- Skills tested:- Speed, Flexibility, Team work
- “Satodiyu” for Std 5
- 4 students per house
- Skills tested:- Focus, Hand-eye coordination
- “Juggling” for Std 6
- 2 students per house
- Skills tested:- Accuracy, Concentration, Team work
- Result:- 1st Satyam (118 Points); 2nd Suhradam (110 Points); 3rd Sundaram (105 Points)
Group C: Std 7, 8
- Activity: “30 seconds Field Goal” and “Bounce and Shoot” (planned and executed by the school basketball coach Bankim Sir)
- Number of students per House:- 4
- Skills tested:- Agility, Perfection, Hand-eye coordination, Judgement, Balancing body
- Result:- 1st Sundaram (48 Points); 2nd Shivam (46 Points); 3rd Satyam & Suhradam (26 Points)
Group D: Std 9, 10
- Activity: Improvisation (planned and executed by Suhradam Sir)
- Number of students per House:- 6
- Drama is one such art form which can convey human emotions at their best.
- Improvisation gives an opportunity to the students to express their views on different topics like current social issues very effectively through their acting skills.
- Skills tested: - Gestures & postures, Facial expressions, Dialogue delivery and Justification of given topic.
- Topics for Improvisation:-
- Education In India (Satyam House)
- Corruption & Politics (Suhradam House)
- Every Drop Counts (Water crisis) (Shivam House)
- Idea of India or Ideal India (What can we do???) (Sundaram House)
- Result:- 1st Sundaram (88 Points); 2nd Suhradam (84 Points); 3rd Shivam (83 Points)
First: Sundaram House 84 points
Second: Shivam House 80 points
Third: Satyam House 78 points
Fourth: Suhradam House 77 points