The Government of India, through the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), has established five Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER).These institutes are located in Bhopal, Mohali, Pune, Kolkata and Thiruvanantapuram.
The IISERs represent a unique initiative in India where teaching and education are totally integrated with state-of-the-art research nurturing both curiosity and creativity in an intellectually vibrant atmosphere of research.
Each IISER is an autonomous institution awarding its own Masters and Doctoral degrees. Please see below for their individual websites:
- IISER Pune: www.iiserpune.ac.in
- IISER Kolkata: www.iiserkol.ac.in
- IISER Bhopal: www.iiserbhopal.ac.in
- IISER Thiruvananthapuram: iisertvm.ac.in
- IISER Mohali: www.iisermohali.ac.in
The advert below gives a summary of the courses offered and the admission procedure: