Nature is beautiful for those rare who admire her beauty. Their observation of nature is keen and perception is entirely different from a layman, because they possess natural intelligence, one of the aspects of multiple intelligence.
For those faces in the crowd, the team of teachers at AVM organized the Inter House Natural Intelligence Competition 2013-14 for grades 1 to 10 on September 7.
The competitions were organised grade wise and house wise. For different competitions, there were different themes picked up from the environment.
Grades 1 to 3
- For this junior most group, four students from each class were selected for each of the four houses. Thus there were 12 participants in all.
- The competition was “Role Play” and their theme was “Animals”. Each participant wore a costume to resemble an animal, imitated that animal (the way it walks, makes noise) and introduced himself as that animal.
- The anchoring was an additional excitement as the anchors recited poems related to the animal on the stage. That great job was done by Nirmaanbhai of class 3A and Nirlepbhai of class 2.
- The competition was conducted in the auditorium and the organizer was Sharmil Ma’am.
Grades 4 to 6
Grades 7 & 8
- In this junior group, the theme for grade 4 was “Flowers” and their competition was “Collage making”.
Four participants were selected to represent the four houses and they prepared their collage on a chart paper using different materials provided to them. The time allotted was 1.5 hours.
- The theme for grade 5 was “Birds” and the competition was “Rangoli”.
Eight participants were there to represent the four houses, i.e. two from each house. They used grains, pulses, flowers and leaves for floor decoration. They had to write a value relevant to their rangoli and had to complete the activity within 1.5 hours.
- The theme for grade 6 was “Plants” and the competition was “Plant Arrangement”.
There were eight participants as representatives of the four houses. They were asked to arrange plants in a tub full of sand. Plant arrangement was done with a concept. They also wrote a slogan related to their concept. The participants came up with wonderful ideas and arranged plants with concepts like forest, park, garden, etc. The time duration was 1.5 hours.
Grades 7 & 8
- “Environmental Quiz” was organized for these two classes. It was a group activity and each house team consisted two participants from each class, thus making a team of four members.
- A questionnaire containing 30 questions related to Science, Social Science and General Knowledge was designed and the team members had to discuss and choose the correct option online from the given multiple choices. The time allotted was 1.5 hours and it was held in the computer lab 2. The organizers were Binu Ma’am and Rashmi Ma’am.
Grades 9 & 10
- A “Poster-making Competition” with the theme “Conservation of Nature” was organized for these two grades. Two participants from each grade represented their respective houses, thus a total of 16 students participated in the competition. They sought the liberty of selecting the concepts by themselves. The time allotted to them was 1.5 hours and the competition as organised by Anand Sir in the Maths Lab.
A summary of the final outcome of this inter house competition is given below:
Written by: Sunita Ma'am